Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

     I really like and agree with this clip by Ken Robinson. Education today is not what it was years ago and therefore it doesn’t need to follow the same rules. I saw connections between this clip and his previous lecture about creativity that we watched and also connections with Dan Brown’s video from last week. Education used to be for the elite class but now it is fairly normal to go to college. Robinson is right that a college degree doesn’t guarantee a job anymore and it’s true that some students are discouraged by that fact. I personally liked the animation in this video because I get bored listening to lectures but the words and pictures kept my attention. I especially liked the part about ADHD and I completely agree that there are way too many children on medication that isn’t necessary. I sit through classes just like many of these children do on a daily basis and I am bored out of my mind. When I leave class I may have a page of notes that I could have found online in seconds but more than likely I have a ton of texts, emails and Facebook messages about how bored I was and plans for what to do after class. Does this mean I wasn’t paying attention? No, it means I was multitasking and I learned the information but it just didn’t keep my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment