Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post #13

     ALEX is a very interesting website available to teachers. I had heard of ALEX before but had never used it or looked into what it actually was. I am glad that we had an assignment to look into ALEX because I probably would have never done it on my own. The website has many different areas that teachers can uses such as Personal Workspace, Web Links, Podcast Treasury and many others. I mainly looked into the area with Lesson Plans. Lesson Plans allows teachers to look through previously developed lesson plans by picking a subject or through picking a teacher, grade level or other key words. I found this very interesting as I looked into my subject area (social science). I was able to find lesson plans from certain time periods of history as well as full subject lesson plans.
I will definitely be using this when I become a teacher. I found this site very useful but I have not had time to go through the entire of site yet but hope too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment