Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Post #10

        I found Morgan Bayda’s post to be very true. While she is not as drastic as Dan Brown was in his video I completely get the point. The video was my favorite part of her post because he is very enthusiastic about having his voice heard. What Dan talks about is also very true. We pay thousands of dollars for an education but much of the information we learn can be found online without a price. I go to class on a daily basis not because I want to sit through an hour long lecture but because it is required to get me the degree I need. What I get out of the hour long lecture PLUS more I could find online in a matter of seconds (same is true with expensive textbooks). While I do not plan to drop out of school I understand his perspective and reasoning.

        When I read the title of “Don’t Let the Take Pencils Home” I assumed it was going to mean to let them do work through technology rather than pencil and paper. I was wrong but I like the message in this post. A positive teacher can change the world for a child. So many children are discouraged by a negative teacher that sometimes they feel as if they can’t do anything right. When children are encourage their imagination and creativity shines through and often greater work is completed. If a smile can change someone’s day a positive teacher can change the world.

        My sentence: I will make myself a better person through positively impacting the life of others through leadership, service and encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Regina I like your blog its really cool looking. I really liked Morgan Bayda's blog she was my teacher earlier this year and she has a lot to teach. I thought the same thing when I looked at the title " Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home". I liked the post and got a lot out of it. You have a very good sentence I had a little trouble coming up with mine but I thought it was a good assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about sitting in a lecture for hours don't teach me no more than what I could learn on my own through the internet, current teachers, and classroom experience. I also like your sentence you summed yourself up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that there is a lot of wasted time in lectures, but now I think we should find out how to motivate students of all age levels and abilities to learn and teach them what to learn.

    ReplyDelete